Rowing in Motion App 3.3.0
A lot of improvements have gone into this update, both to Analytics and the Apps.
Improvements to the Apps
Unless otherwise noted, all updates apply to both the Team and Solo App for iOS and Android.
This release features an updated network protocol. We will thus make it available for Android and iOS simultaneously. We are currently waiting on the iOS version’s review by Apple, which is hopefully completed in a weeks time.
New In-App Analysis of Uploaded logfiles
We reworked the “in-app” analysis screen, which shows a list of logfile uploaded with this device as well as a read-only outline.
We do no longer support creating analysis inside the App as we found it has a poor user experience compared to using Analytics in the browser. Instead we provide a link directly into Analytics where you can create analysis and edit logfile metadata.
- Further improved the sensor fusion algorithms for calculating boat speed with stroke-rate adaptive filtering
- Improved “Speed over ground” graph scaling
- Added a new “in-app” analysis screen, that shows a list of logfile uploaded with this device as well as a read-only outline. We do no longer support creating analysis inside the App as we found it has a poor user experience. Instead we provide a link directly into Analytics where you can create analysis and edit logfile metadata.
Improvements to Analytics
Our Design Refresh is now live and has fully replaced the old user interface. A long with this redesign, we shipped a lot of minor improvements.
A recent change in Facebook broke sharing of rowing sessions on your timeline due to a permission problem. New users that link a Facebook login do not need to take action.
Users that want to continue sharing session on Facebook need to re-link their Facebook account to Analytics. To do so, please go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications and remove the “Rowing in Motion App”. You should decide to leave any data stored in Facebook intact (e.g. previous sessions shared). Then go to Analytics and make sure you’re logged out, then sign in with Facebook. In the permission prompt that comes up when you’re redirected to Facebook, ensure the permission to post stories to your timeline on your behalf is enabled.
- Support for new In-App analysis
- Fixed an issue with race analysis that would only set a “start” marker when clicking on the plot’s background, not when clicking on a line
- Improved the way you select strokes for the Saved Analysis screen
- Saved Analyses are now ordered by date descending in search results
- Outline graphs: Fixed x-axis label formatting on logfile to hh:mm:ss
- Outline graphs: tooltips now show speed, strokerate and heartrate
- Typical stroke graphs: Reordered items in tooltips to show speed first, then acceleration
- Dashboard: Fix an issue in Firefox where total minutes were incorrect or negative
- Dashboard: Include statistics for the current day (“today”)
- Fix problems with sharing logfiles on Facebook due to missing “publish_actions” permission (see above)
We are constantly looking for ways to improve Rowing in Motion. If you have an idea or just want to see what other rowers have suggested we should implement, have a look through our feedback forum and vote for the features you like.